What a wild first year it’s been under Mayor Rob Ford.
Not since amalgamation have municipal politics been so front and centre in this city, with headlines almost too numerous to count — from the killing of Transit City to all-night public meetings to the controversial KPMG Core Services review to Ford’s famous “stop the gravy train” mantra.
As we approach the one-year anniversary of Ford’s election victory — Oct. 25, 2011 — we want to know what messages you have for the mayor heading into year No. 2.
Here’s how it’ll work:
1. Similar to the examples above, take a photo of yourself holding up a sign with a message for Mayor Ford. (If you want, you can also send us a bite-sized video clip with your message).
2. Send it to us via our “Submit Your Stories” tool on the right side of this page or email it to us at email@example.com.
3. On Oct. 25, we’ll assemble as many as we can into a photo gallery for CityNews.ca, CityNews Channel and CityNews programs on Citytv.
4. Of course, we’ll also pass along the link to the mayor’s office.
Here are the rules:
– Keep it clean (family-friendly language)
– Keep it on topic (local politics & issues)
– Keep it friendly (no personal attacks)
We went to Yonge-Dundas square with a whiteboard to get the ball rolling. Check out some of the messages in the gallery above.
So get creative — and tell your friends; the more submissions the better.
Deadline for submitting your photo or video is noon on Oct. 25.