Toronto police are pleading for help in identifying the suspect after a TTC collector was shot at Dupont Station in 2012.
William Anderson, then 52, was shot in the neck and shoulder at the station just before 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 26, after refusing to hand over money to the suspect, who police say robbed the same station twice before wearing a mask and carrying a revolver in the left hand.
Police previously said the same suspect was responsible for two other armed heists at Dupont Station, which occurred on June 11, 2011, and Oct. 2, 2011.
“He targeted the same collector’s booth three times, approximately four months apart, and after the shooting when he received no cash, there hasn’t been a robbery similar since,” Staff Insp. Mike Earl said at a news conference on Monday.
Police are asking for help in identifying the suspect, who is described as a heavyset white man between 35 to 40 years old and with a stocky build.
Below is security camera video of the armed robbery on June 11, 2011, or click here to view it.
A 25,000 reward offered to anyone with information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the case has yet to be claimed. Police issued the award just before the one-year anniversary.
Earl said the case is “very unusual” and all investigative leads have now dried up.
TTC spokesman Brad Ross said the fare collector, who survived the shooting, is still on disability leave after experiencing “medical issues” during recovery.
“[He] is still off of work on long-term disability, and further medical procedures are still continuing for the individual,” Ross said.
He said that in the wake of the attack, the transit agency took several steps to protect the safety of its employees, including installing better bullet-proof glass at collection booths and reducing the amount of cash held on site in an effort to discourage robberies.