It’s the ideal way for shopaholics to make some extra cash.
Mystery shoppers get paid to browse for clothes, go to movies and go out for lunch and to rate the service and the quality of the product they received.
There are a number of mystery shopping services across Canada and here’s a list of the workers’ top areas of concern, according to Mystery Shopping Canada Inc.:
- Lack of quick greeting or acknowledgement from the salesperson
- Delay in offering assistance, or no offer of assistance
- Lack of knowledge about products. Specific detailed knowledge of materials and how the product can benefit the customer.
- Food quality and temperature
- Cleanliness of restaurant
- Excessive delays. Original greeting, drink, food, and bill delivery.
For more information on how you can become a mystery shopper, click here.