Premier Dalton McGuinty shook up his cabinet on Monday, promoting four new faces and dropping three others.
Hamilton’s Sofia Aggelonitis was given the nod as the new minister of consumer services, while Carole Mitchell takes over as minister of agriculture and Linda Jeffrey assumes the role of minister of natural resources.
Meanwhile, Dr. Eric Hoskins, who took a Toronto byelection in the fall, was announced as Ontario’s new minister of citizenship and immigration.
Former consumer minister Ted McMeekin, former natural resources minister Donna Cansfield and
former culture minister Aileen Carroll were all moved from their positions.
Among other notable alterations, Kathleen Wynne moves to transportation while former
agriculture minister Leona Dombrowsky takes over education.
Full Cabinet Shuffle:
- Dalton McGuinty: Premier
- Leona Dombrowsky: Minister of Education
- Brad Duguid: Minister of Energy and Infrastructure
- Chris Bentley: Attorney General and Minister of Aboriginal Affairs
- Monique Smith: Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs and government house leader
- Jim Bradley: Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Sophia Aggelonitis: Minister of Consumer Services
- Michael Chan: Minister of Tourism and Culture
- Carol Mitchell: Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Linda Jeffrey: Minister of Natural Resources
- Eric Hoskins: Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
- Kathleen Wynne: Minister of Transportation
- John Milloy: Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Rick Bartolucci: Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Margarett Best: Minister of Health Promotion
- Laurel Broten: Minister of Children and Youth Services
- Sandra Pupatello: Minister of Economic Development and Trade
- Harinder Takhar: Minister of Government Services
- John Gerretsen: Minister of the Environment
- Dwight Duncan: Minister of Finance
- Peter Fonseca: Minister of Labour
- Deb Matthews: Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
- Michael Gravelle: Minister of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry
- Madeleine Meilleur: Minister of Community and Social Services, Minister Responsible for Francophone Affairs
- John Wilkinson: Minister of Revenue
- Gerry Phillips: Minister without portfolio, Minister Responsible for Seniors and cabinet chairman
With files from The Canadian Press