Downtown drivers won’t exactly be revving their engines through the weekend, despite the presence of one of auto racing’s biggest events on Toronto’s streets. A series of weekend events and construction means many motorists will have to make alternate travel arrangements as a series of road closures take effect, starting Wednesday.
- Strachan Ave. from Lake Shore Blvd to Fleet St. closed at noon on Wednesday.
- Lake Shore Blvd. from Strachan Ave. to British Columbia Dr. will close starting 9pm Wednesday.
- Both roads will reopen at midnight on Sunday.
Jarvis St. Bike Lane Construction
- Work is set to begin Friday on two bike lanes on Jarvis St. Construction will involve partial road closures and lane reductions, and continue through the week of July 26.
Festival of South Asia
- Gerard St. E. from Coxwell Ave. to Glenside Ave. will be closed in both directions from Saturday at 10am to Monday at 2am.
Salsa on St. Clair
- St. Clair Ave. W. from Wynona Dr. to Christie St. will be closed in both directions from Saturday at 9am to Sunday at 10pm.
Also, click here for a list of road work slowing traffic around the city.