Loading articles...

All charges dropped against HGTV host

Prosecutors have dropped the remaining charges against an HGTV host accused of extortion, harassment and fraud related to a renovation done earlier this year.

Anthony Sayers, 41, was charged last month after a dispute with Toronto homeowner Doreen Boulos.

Police said Boulos hired Anthony Sayers Custom Builder & Designer to finish work done by another contractor, but was disappointed with Sayers’ workers and ended the job.

She claimed Sayers called her repeatedly in the weeks that followed and she feared for her safety.

But two weeks after Sayers’ arrest, prosecutors dropped the extortion charge, and on Tuesday, they abandoned the remaining charges, realizing a conviction was unlikely.

The Toronto contractor – a co-host of The Unsellables who also appeared on Me, My House, and I on W Network – says Boulos owed him money, but he did not harass her.

He said he plans to sue Toronto police for libel.