Loading articles...

2 treated in hospital after TV catches fire

The apartment where a television caught fire is seen on Nov. 3, 2011. CITYNEWS

Two men were taken to hospital after their television caught fire late Wednesday night.

It happened just before midnight in an apartment building on Keele Street, south of Sheppard Avenue West.

Some floors were evacuated, but firefighters quickly put out the blaze, and residents were allowed to return a couple of hours later.

The two victims, who had inhaled smoke, were treated in hospital.