Loading articles...

Seniors cleared to return home after gas leak

More than 150 seniors forced out of their retirement home because of a gas leak have been cleared to return Wednesday.

Crews were called to Leisureworld on O’Connor Drive, near Victoria Park Avenue, after kitchen workers complained about feeling dizziness and nausea Tuesday morning.

When firefighters arrived, they detected high levels of carbon monoxide and evacuated the building.

The residents were taken to other Leisureworld locations, where they stayed overnight.

Five employees were taken to hospital as a precaution.

The building had carbon monoxide detectors, but it’s not known if they were working.