Canadian diver Alexandre Despatie is back home after injuring his head in a training accident last week in Spain.
A release from the Canadian diving team says he returned to Canada over the weekend and is doing well.
Despatie was preparing for last weekend’s Grand Prix when he struck his head on the board Tuesday afternoon.
He suffered a 10-centimetre cut just below the hairline and underwent surgery the following morning to close the wound.
His medical team has said the scar is healing well and there has been no sign of infection.
The two-time Olympic silver medallist will miss at least three weeks of training but he’s still hopeful that he’ll be able to compete at the London Olympics.
The 27-year-old native of Laval, Que., says he’s not doing any interviews right now but plans to provide regular updates on his condition.