Canada Day and Pride events will take over a number of Toronto streets this long weekend. Here’s a list of roads drivers should avoid.
CANADA DAY EVENTS
Canada Day Celebration at Queen’s Park (Sunday)
- Queens Park/Queens Park Crescent from College Street to Hoskin Avenue, from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Canada Day Parade in Scarborough (Sunday)
- Brimley Road from Progress Avenue to Ellesmere Road from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and from Ellesmere Road to Lawrence Avenue East from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ellesmere Road from Midland Avenue to McCowan Road from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
PRIDE WEEK EVENTS
Church Street Pride Festival (Friday to Monday)
- Church Street from Carlton to Hayden from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday.
Pride and Remembrance Run (Saturday)
- Wellesley Street from Jarvis to Queens Park Crescent from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Dyke March (Saturday)
- March route: Starts at Church and Hayden, north on Church to Bloor, west on Bloor to Yonge, south on Yonge to Carlton and east on Carlton to finish at Sherbourne Avenue. Roads will be closed between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (The march is from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Pride Parade (Sunday)
- Formation area: Rosedale Valley Road, from Bayview Avenue to Park Road
- Parade route: Starts at Church and Bloor, west on Bloor to Yonge, south on Yonge to Gerrard, and east on Gerrard back to Church. Roads will be closed for varying periods between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (The parade is from 2 p.m.to 6 p.m.)
Click here for a full list of road closures.