Loading articles...

No serious injuries in east-end house fire

An elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation, but no other injuries were reported after a house fire near Gerrard Street and Coxwell Avenue on Sunday night.

The homeowner discovered the flames in the semi-detached house on Highfield Road around 9 p.m. and was able to get everyone out safely.

An exploding barbecue tank may have caused the fire, which started on the back porch of the home.
There was some damage to the back of the house but it wasn’t major.