Loading articles...

Family escapes 2-alarm house fire in Vaughan

A fire caused extensive damage to a Vaughan home, but the residents, including a pet cat, managed to get out of the burning house safely Tuesday morning.

Flames erupted in the garage of the home on Fermar Drive, near Teston Road and Keele Street, around 4:30 a.m., and quickly spread to the house.

The family was asleep at the time and smoke detectors helped them escape the flames.

There’s no word yet on a damage estimate or possible cause.