Loading articles...

Carbon monoxide scare prompts evacuation of west-end condo complex

The scene of a carbon monoxide scare on Lansdowne Avenue at Davenport, Feb. 5, 2013. CITYNEWS

Residents of an apartment complex on Lansdowne Avenue were forced out of their units briefly Tuesday morning due to a carbon monoxide scare.

Firefighters were called to the complex of loft condominiums just south of Davenport Road around 4:30 a.m. due to high CO levels detected in the boiler room. About 100 units were evacuated and TTC buses were brought to the scene to keep residents warm.

Enbridge apparently shut off one of the boilers, causing the CO levels to drop significantly.

Residents were allowed back into their homes just after 5 a.m.

No injuries were reported.