Some of the biggest stars in music were in Los Angeles on Sunday as the 55th annual Grammy Awards were handed out.
Toronto rapper Drake won his first Grammy for best rap album with Take Care at a pre-telecast ceremony. The 26-year-old had been nominated nine times before but had never won.
Other big winners included The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons and Frank Ocean.
The show was also filled with flashy musical numbers including one by Justin Timberlake where the screen went monocromatic as he sang his latest single Suit and Tie.
An all-star tribute was also made to reggae legend Bob Marley, by his sons Damian and Ziggy, along with several musicians including Bruno Mars and Rihanna. Similarly, after the memorial section of the show a collaboration of musicians got together to pay tribute to Levon Helm, the late drummer of The Band with their song The Weight. Performers there included John and Mavis Staples, Zac Brown, and Marcus Mumford.
A list of the big winners can be found below:
- Album of the year: Babel, Mumford & Sons.
- Record of the year: Somebody That I Used to Know, Gotye featuring Kimbra.
- Song of the year: We Are Young, fun.
- New artist: fun.
- Best rap album: Take Care, Drake.
- Pop solo performance: Set Fire to the Rain (Live), Adele.
- Pop vocal album: Stronger, Kelly Clarkson.
- Rock performance: Lonely Boy, The Black Keys.
- Urban contemporary album: Channel Orange, Frank Ocean.
- Rap/sung collaboration: No Church in the Wild, Jay-Z, Kanye West featuring Frank Ocean, The-Dream.
- Country solo performance: Blown Away, Carrie Underwood.
- Country album: Uncaged, Zac Brown Band.
– With files from The Associated Press