Looking to stand out from the crowd this Halloween?
Inspiration abounds on social media, with plenty of pumpkin-carving tips and videos online.
While some of them are unconventional – we do not recommend using a gun, for example – they are certainly popular.
Check out three of the most-viewed videos below and click here to send us your pumpkin photos.
Plus, check out this Toronto pumpkin parade from Soruaren Park:
Pumpkin Carving Tips
- You’ll need: a sturdy paring knife, a scraper, X-acto knives and bowls to collect the “guts”
- You may want: linoleum cutters (used in printmaking), small sculpting ribbons, and fine line drawing markers
- Sketch your design first with a washable pen (not a Sharpie)
- When cutting off the lid, angle your cuts towards the centre
- Check your progress as you go by using a flashlight