Toronto Police are hoping that the holiday spirit will encourage donations to their annual Auxiliary toy drive.
Since the drive began on Monday, police say donations have been “nonexistent.”
Five locations are accepting new unwrapped toys to help approximately 3,000 children and youth in need from the Scarborough area.
Police say that while all toy donations are welcome they are desperately in need for toys for both girls and boys age 10 to 14.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- 41 Division: 2222 Eglinton Avenue East
- 42 Division: 242 Milner Avenue
- 43 Division: 4331 Lawrence Avenue East
- 33 Division: 50 Upjohn Road
- TD Canada Trust Bank: 2561 Victoria Park Avenue
Toys will be distributed on Dec. 8.