In this first Kids Kitchen segment, Chef Daniel takes a look at how to make a delicious omelet.
Click here for more information.
Daniel’s Little Secret: To try eggs with mustard!
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of oregano in eggs and pan
- Two eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cheese (low fat)
- 1/4 cup mushroom
- Medium sized bowl
- Fork or a whisk
- Non-stick frying pan
1. Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add mustard–Just try it! You’ll like it.
3. Add first three pabove ingredients.
4. Beat for about 1 minute.
5. Heat frying pan on medium.
6. Add canola oil.
7. Add mushrooms when the pan is hot. Partly fry mushrooms if you like them a bit chewy. Fully cook them if you like them soft.
8. Add oregano to pan.
9. Pour egg batter into frying pan.
10. Add cheese when egg is drying at the top. (Depends on your taste.)
11. Fold egg in half or thirds.
12. Voila. You are done. Enjoy!
You can reach Chef Daniel on Twitter at @jrchefdaniel