Below is a list of road closures in Toronto due to events and construction.
Festival of Lights parade (Saturday closure)
The parade will be held on Dec. 21 (Saturday) at 7 p.m. The following road closures will be in effect:
- Formation Area: Augusta Ave. from College to Oxford streets; full road closure from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Southbound Augusta Ave.; full road closure from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Eastbound Balwin St.; full road closure from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Southbound Kensington Ave.; full road closure from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Westbound Dundas St. W.; westbound lanes from 7:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Dispersal Area: Alexandra Park from Dundas St. W.; full road closure from 7:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
TTC service on Dundas will be disrupted during the event.
No pedestrian/vehicle access on Dufferin bridge
The Dufferin Street bridge will be off-limits to pedestrians until January due to complications involving construction work at the bridge.
The bridge will remain closed to drivers until February when two temporary bridges will be installed.
Pedestrians can cross via the GO station tunnel at Atlantic Avenue.
King St. E. bridge repairs
The King St. E. section of the bridge — that carries Queen St. E. across the Don River and Don Valley Parkway — will be closed starting Sept. 9 for repairs.
The bridge repairs are expected to be completed in November.
The 503 Kingston Rd. and 504 King streetcars will be on diversion.
Yonge Street watermain replacement
Construction is underway on Yonge Street in North York for watermain replacement work.
During phase one of the project, the southbound curb lane on Yonge between Finch and Kingsdale avenues will be closed.
Click here for more details.
Kingston Road construction
Drivers can expect slowdowns in the Kingston Road and Victoria Park Avenue area due to a TTC track reconstruction.
Click here for the full story.
Click here for current and upcoming road closures in Toronto.