We’re excited to unveil a brand new version of CityNews app — packed with more stories, more video, more features and now available on both iOS and Android devices.
Starting Thursday, the new app is available for free in the iTunes App Store and the Google Play store. Existing users of the app just need to click “update” on their device; new users should go to their app store and search “CityNews Toronto.”
This is an updated version for iPhone and iPad users and the first CityNews app on Android.
“We were the first TV newsroom in Toronto with a local news app and this update is another in a series of innovations from City,” said Richard Bloom, CityNews’ director of digital.
“We know nearly half of our audience consumes our content on their mobile devices. Now, even more people, on more devices, will be able to access our newsroom.”
Some of the highlights of the new app:
- Live stream CityNews shows and breaking news events anytime, anywhere.
- A new article template that features video, photos and related content as well as the ability for viewers to send us a news tip in one quick tap.
- A lot more more video — both live and on-demand.
- All stories and videos are shareable via social media and email.
- Want the weather? Just touch the forecast icons at the top right. You can also easily watch the latest weather webcast there.
- Quickly and easily send news tips and Speakers Corner videos to our newsroom.
Have you downloaded the new app? Tell us what you think in the comments.