Loading articles...

Bed bug machine behind fire at Toronto Plaza Hotel

Firefighters were called to the Toronto Plaza Hotel after a bed bug extermination machine overheated early on Monday morning.

The fire began in a room on the third floor around 1 a.m. The hotel is located on Wilson Avenue west of Jane Street.

Several rooms had to be evacuated and residents were took shelter in other rooms.

The fire was quickly knocked down and there were no injuries.

There’s no word yet on the cost of the damage.