A former deputy Commissioner of Ontario’s provincial police force is launching a $15 million wrongful dismissal lawsuit against the Ontario government.
Brad Blair is also calling for a commission of inquiry to investigate what he alleges are a string of “corrupt” government appointments.
The veteran officer says his firing in March traumatized his family and he has still not been told why he was terminated.
WATCH: Blair says he still has not been told why he was fired
Blair’s lawyer alleges the former officer was targeted for speaking out about government attempts to hire a longtime friend of Premier Doug Ford as OPP commissioner.
Blair has also asked the courts to force the provincial ombudsman to investigate that hiring, which was eventually abandoned by the government.
He had previously launched a defamation suit against Ford himself, alleging the premier damaged Blair’s reputation when he accused him of breaking the Police Services Act.
Premier Ford’s office responds to the $15 million wrongful dismissal suit by Brad Blair. “As this matter is before the court it would be inappropriate for us to comment further.” pic.twitter.com/f5Ihhai4on
— Richard Southern (@richard680news) September 13, 2019
Watch Blair’s full comments below.
More to come