Seven employees at a Costco location in Vaughan have tested positive for the coronavirus.
In a release from York Region Public Health, which was posted by Vaughan Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua on Twitter, five employees at the Costco, located at Highway 7 and Weston Road, have tested positive.
Two of the positive cases are close contacts.
Late Monday, York public health revised the number of infected individuals to seven.
“York Region Public Health conducted case investigation and contact tracing, and have followed up with close contacts to recommend self-isolation,” the release stated.
“Public Health continues to work with Costco management to ensure appropriate infection prevention and control measures are being taken, including cleaning and disinfecting.”
Health officials said two on-site inspections have been completed and a third one is scheduled for this week.
RELATED: Coronavirus and health
- Coronavirus FAQ: what it is, how it spreads and who to call
- How to self-isolate amid the COVID-19 outbreak
- ‘Cruel times’: How coronavirus has changed the way we live, die and grieve
- Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19
- Experts say ‘immune-boosting’ claims won’t help ward off coronavirus