Ontario reported more than 2,000 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday for the seventh-straight day.
Health officials said there were 2,123 new infections, a drop from 2,316 cases on Sunday.
Most of the new cases are in Toronto (611), followed by Peel Region (480), and York Region (192).
An additional 17 people have died as a result of the virus, bringing the provincial total to 4,167. Most of the total deaths — 2,581 — have been people living in long-term care.
Health officials said it processed 54,505 tests in the last 24-hour period but there remains a backlog of 39,106.
Hospitalizations have climbed to 915 while the number of patients in the ICU has climbed to 265.
The daily update comes as Premier Doug Ford is set to announce new public health measures Monday in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Sources confirm to 680 NEWS that all regions in the province will be placed into the grey-lockdown stage starting on Boxing Day and not Christmas Eve, as was previously reported.
The move will restrict non-essential retail and prohibit indoor dining right across the province starting at 12:01 a.m. the day after Christmas.
A senior government source indicates the length of the lockdown will vary depending on region, so just how long the measures will remain in place is not clear at this point.
Ford has already confirmed that lockdown measures in both Toronto and Peel Region will be extended until Jan. 4. Hamilton went into lockdown on Monday morning.