Mayor Ford thanks staff and the public for largely peaceful Occupy cleanup

TORONTO, Ont. – Mayor Ford is thanking his staff, a number of councillors and police for the way St. James Park was cleared.

“I am very very pleased with the progress of the operation so far. It has been orderly and largely peaceful,” said Ford.

He also thanked the people of Toronto.

“I’d like to thank the citizens of Toronto, notably the residents and businesses in the immediate area that affected it the most.”

Ford said he supported the plan before it was implemented and said he was proud of the work done by police and city staff.

He added that it was “disturbing” that taxpayers will have to foot the bill for the park clean up.

Ford made the comments at a news conference held on Wednesday afternoon.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today