Alleged G20 Organizer In Court Tuesday For Bail Hearing

A young woman accused of organizing G20 protests appeared in court Tuesday for a bail hearing.

Kelly Pflug-Back (pictured), 21, is charged with six counts of mischief over $5,000. There is a publication ban on trial proceedings.

Pflug-Back had many supporters at the College Park courts, including her family and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend is out on bail on similar charges.

Toronto Police allege that Pflug-Back is responsible for destroyed property that occurred on June 26.

“We’re alleging that she participated in damaging a number of buildings in the downtown core, including the attack on two uniformed scout cars, one of which was occupied by a uniformed staff sergeant,” Det. Sgt. Gary Giroux said on Tuesday.

“If you do the math, there were four vehicles that were completely destroyed, as well as damage to the infrastructure in the downtown core, the damage is estimated at a quarter of a million dollars,” he added.

Pflug-Back is from Norwood and surrendered to police in Peterborough on July 21.

She was scheduled to have a bail hearing on July 27, but her lawyer arrived late and requested the delay.

The legal fallout from the international summit is just beginning. A Toronto woman has launched a class-action lawsuit targeting the Toronto Police Services Board and the Attorney General of Canada. Sherry Good and attorneys Murray Klippenstein and Eric K. Gillespie are looking for $45 million on behalf of those detained and arrested without charge.

Meanwhile, Giroux said two more people were arrested on Tuesday.

“One man who had already been arrested and released in relation to the G20 summit was taken into custody on Tuesday and charged with breach of recognizance. A second man was arrested in Windsor,” he said.

Keep it Factual
Add CityNews Toronto as a trusted source on Google to see more local stories from us.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today