Drivers will want to plan head before they head out the door this weekend, as more Toronto streets will be shut down for ActiveTO and construction.
The Gardiner Expressway will be fully closed from Highway 427 to the Don Valley Parkway for annual maintenance and improvement activities. The closure will be in place from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
Meanwhile in the city, the intersection of Richmond Street East and Church Street is fully closed for construction.
And if you’re looking to get out and get active this weekend, there will once again be closures in place on Bayview Avenue and Lake Shore Boulevard East so people can properly practice physical distancing while getting some exercise. These closures begin at 6 a.m. Saturday and will be in place until 11 p.m. Sunday.
Quiet Streets will continue at the following locations:
- Kensington Market (area that borders Nassau Ave., Spadina Ave, Augusta Ave. and Dundas St. W.)
- Lakeshore Dr./Lake Promenade (First Ave. to Forty Second St.)
- High Park Ave. (Bloor St. W. to Annette St.)
- Brock/Emerson/Cowan Ave. (Dupont St. to King St. W.)
- Winona Dr. (Eglinton Ave. to Davenport Rd.)
- The Esplanade (boundaries TBC)
- Crawford St./Montrose Ave. (Bloor St. W. to Queen St. W.)
- Howard and Earl Streets (Sherbourne St. to Parliament St.)
- Sackville/Sumach Streets (Shuter St. to Gerrard St. E.)
- Monarch Park Ave. (Felstead Ave. to Sammon Ave.)
- Fulton/Sammon Avenues (Broadview Ave. to Monarch Park Ave.)
- Woodfield Rd. (Knox Ave. to Walpole Ave.)
- Lee Ave. (Kingston Rd. to Alfresco Lawn)
- Secord Ave./Eastdale Ave./Lumsden Ave./Main St./Hamstead Ave./West Lake Ave. (Dawes Rd. to Oak Park Ave.)
- Military Trail/Highcastle Rd. (Sealstone Terrace to Bonspiel Dr.)
- Kew Beach Ave. (Waverly Rd to Lake Shore Blvd. E.)
- Westview Blvd. (St Clair Ave. E. to Holland Ave.)
- Dundalk Dr. (Ellesmere Rd. to Antrim Cr.)
- Trudelle St./Cedar Brae Blvd. (Danforth Rd. to Bellamy Rd.)
Despite the low traffic volume due to COVID-19, city officials will still be working hard to compensate for the closures by changing signal timing at key intersections and putting in place additional roadway signage in advance of all closures.