Students at a nearby daycare are safe and four teenagers are in police custody following an afternoon shooting at Coxwell Avenue and Gerrard Street.
Shots rang out around 2:30pm at 33 Coatsworth Cres.
Toronto Police believe that three teens tried to rob another, then fled the scene. They ran into a nearby apartment building. The shots came from inside the apartment.
There are no reported injuries.
A fourth teenager was arrested at the apartment. Police allegedly found a loaded .38 calibre revolver in the unit.
Three of the teen are 16 years old. The fourth, who was arrested at the apartment, is 17. They cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
They have each been charged with:
- Weapons Dangerous
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of firearm obtained by the commission of an offence
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition.