Loading articles...

Man dies while mixing chemicals to clear drain

An 81-year-old Toronto man died while mixing chemicals to clear a drain in his home, Toronto police say.

Around 12:30 p.m. Friday, emergency crews were called to Gotham Court, near Keele Street and Lawrence Avenue West, and found the man without vital signs.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Two paramedics and four firefighters were exposed to the fumes and were taken to a local hospital in stable condition.

The man’s wife was also taken to hospital to get checked out and will be OK.