Canadian Tire is recalling a set of Christmas lights as they may pose a fire and shock hazard.
The lights in question are the ‘Holiday Collection’ brand of indoor and outdoor Christmas light strings, manufactured by Taizhou Hongpeng Colour Lanterns.
The lights manufactured after spring of 2015 and sold between August and November 30 are affected.
If you purchased the lights, stop using them and return them to Canadian Tire for a refund.
The following products are being recalled:
– 051-2307 140LT,8FUNCT CLR
– 051-2309 140LT,8-FUNCT MULTI
– 051-2503 100LT OUT CURTAIN GR
– 051-2504 100LT OUT CURTAIN WH
– 051-2510 100LT OUT CURN WH/RD
– 051-2512 100LT OUT CURN WH/BL
– 151-3652 OD HC LED 50 C9 MLT
– 151-3653 OD HC LED 50 C9 WW
– 151-3751 HC OD LED 200 C6 PW
– 151-3752 HC OD LED 200C6MLT
– 151-3753 HC OD LED 150 C7 P
– 151-3754 HC OD LED 150 C7ML
Correction: The original recall notice listed the incorrect supplier. We’ve removed that company name and replaced it with the manufacturer, Taizhou Hongpeng Colour Lanterns.