Police investigating after dangerous substance released at festival in Stouffville

By Lucas Casaletto

York Regional Police have launched an investigation after reports that a dangerous substance, similar to pepper spray, was released in the air at a famous festival in Stouffville.

The incident happened on July 2 around 9:45 p.m. at the Strawberry Festival.

Investigators say police received multiple calls from concerned festival-goers stating that pepper spray, bear repellant or a stink bomb had been released in a tent full of more than 700 people.

No one was injured or fell sick due to the substance’s discharge.

It’s unclear what the substance was, but police say the effects were temporary, and there have been no long-term issues.

Const. Laura Nicolle says police believe that a group of teenagers were responsible, police said, as investigators are urging any witnesses with video or additional information to contact them.

Keep it Factual
Add CityNews Toronto as a trusted source on Google to see more local stories from us.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today