It’s a fun-filled weekend in the city, with something to suit nearly every interest. But motorists may be forced to grin and bare a series of road closures that will making driving downtown difficult.
• Strachan Ave. from Lake Shore Blvd to Fleet St. closed at noon on Wednesday.
• Lake Shore Blvd. from Strachan Ave. to British Columbia Dr. will close starting 9pm Wednesday.
• Both roads will reopen at midnight on Sunday.
Jarvis St. Bike Lane Construction
• Work is set to begin Friday on two bike lanes on Jarvis St. Construction will involve partial road closures and lane reductions, and continue through the week of July 26.
Festival of South Asia
• Gerard St. E. from Coxwell Ave. to Glenside Ave. will be closed in both directions from Saturday at 10am to Monday at 2am.
Salsa on St. Clair
• St. Clair Ave. W. from Wynona Dr. to Christie St. will be closed in both directions from Saturday at 9am to Sunday at 10pm.
• Shoreham Dr. between Murray Parkway and Jane St. will be closed from 8am to 2:30pm Saturday. Jane St., Finch Ave West to Steeles Ave West will be closed from 11am to 2:30pm.
In addition, the 22nd annual Beaches International Jazz Festival was in full swing Friday evening. Expect closures for that event beginning next week.