Loading articles...

2 seriously hurt in Danforth-area fire

Two people are in hospital with serious burns after a fire near Danforth and Coxwell avenues on Saturday night.

It appears that someone at the Monarch Park Avenue home tried to refuel an outdoor lantern while it was still burning, Toronto fire told CityNews.

The lantern backfired, injuring four people.

A 19-year-old man had third-degree burns to 40 per cent of his upper torso, and a 19-year-old woman had third-degree burns on her chest, arms and legs.

They remain at Sunnybrook hospital.

Two other people had very minor burns and did not need to be taken to hospital.

The Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.