The latest news on COVID 19 developments in Canada on Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Posted June 16, 2021 10:44 am.
Last Updated June 16, 2021 10:54 am.
This article is more than 5 years old.
The latest news on COVID-19 developments in Canada (all times Eastern):
Ontario reports there are 384 new cases of COVID-19 in the province and 12 more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 71 new cases in Waterloo, 60 in Peel Region and 54 in Toronto.
The Ministry of Health says that 438 people are in hospital with the novel coronavirus — 377 in intensive care and 242 on a ventilator.
Premier Doug Ford says Ontario administered a record high of nearly 203,000 vaccine doses since Tuesday’s report, for a total of more than 11.7 million doses given out so far.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 16, 2021.
The Canadian Press