The August Civic holiday brings with it a long weekend for many, but also ample closures across the City and GTA.
Similar to most holidays, Canada Post offices and city hall will be closed. The same can be said for some banks and libraries.
The TTC will operate on its holiday service schedule for Monday. As a result, TTC routes will run on a Sunday service schedule and start at 6:00 a.m. Routes that do not typically run on Sundays will not be in service on the Civic holiday.
Several Ontario LCBO stores will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. though some specific locations will be closed. Approximately 200 Beer Stores will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Most grocery stores will be open but could be on limited hours. Movie theatres, such as Cineplex, will stay open.
And if you’re headed to cottage country, brace yourself, as it’s going to be cooler than usual. Daytime highs will only be reaching the lower 20s for southern areas and hover around the teens across cottage country.
Tune in to 680 NEWS for the details on the long and short-range forecast.
- Square One – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Eaton Centre – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Scarborough Town Centre – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fairview Mall – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sherway Gardens – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bramalea City Centre – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dufferin Mall – 12 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Canada’s Wonderland: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Splash Works 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Casa Loma: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Regular hours Monday)
- Toronto Zoo: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- CN Tower: 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Art Gallery of Ontario: 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Monday 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hockey Hall of Fame: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed Monday)
- Gardiner Museum: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes) – Leslie Street and Kew Beach Avenue
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes) – Windermere Avenue and Stadium Road
- The Meadoway in Scarborough (Brimley Road to Scarborough Golf Club Road)
- Roads within High Park