Camoranesi’s stay at Stuttgart already over

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

STUTTGART, Germany — Italy midfielder Mauro Camoranesi has left Stuttgart after just five months with the struggling Bundesliga side.

Stuttgart says the 34-year-old’s contract, which was due to expire at the end of the season, was terminated on Wednesday following talks “marked by mutual respect.”

Camoranesi says he enjoyed being in Stuttgart “even if things didn’t go as we would have liked from a sporting point of view.”

The Argentine-born Camoranesi won the World Cup with Italy in 2006 and was in the squad at last year’s tournament in South Africa. He joined Stuttgart from Juventus in August.

Stuttgart is second from bottom in the Bundesliga, and is on its third coach this season.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today