Grab your bathing suit and towel — and don’t forget the sunscreen — because nine swimming beaches are opening in Toronto this weekend!
“City of Toronto beaches are great places to relax, escape the heat and get active,” Mayor John Tory said in a statement.
“I encourage residents to take advantage of the opportunity to go outdoors and cool off this weekend.”
The swimming beaches that are open, listed below, will be supervised from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. with lifeguards on duty.
Eight of the beaches have been given Blue Flag certification — which means they meet high standards for water quality.
The nine swimming beaches opening this weekend are:
- Bluffer’s Park Beach (Blue Flag)
- Centre Island Beach (Blue Flag)
- Cherry/Clarke Beach (Blue Flag)
- Gibraltar Point Beach (Blue Flag)
- Hanlan’s Point Beach (Blue Flag)
- Kew-Balmy Beach (Blue Flag)
- Sunnyside Beach
- Ward’s Island Beach (Blue Flag)
- Woodbine Beach (Blue Flag)