Alleged Dominican drug kingpin arrested in Colombia

By The Associated Press

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic — Dominican Republic officials say the head of one of their country’s largest drug trafficking organizations has been arrested in Colombia.

Officials said César Emilio Peralta was taken into custody on Monday. The man widely known by his nickname César the Abuser is accused of running an organization that moved heroin and cocaine through Colombia, Venezuela, the Dominican Republic and the United States.

He had been wanted by the Dominican Republic and the FBI since drug-trafficking charges against him were announced in August.

A spokeswoman for the Dominican National Office of Drug Control said authorities would offer details of the arrest later.

The Associated Press

Keep it Factual
Add CityNews Toronto as a trusted source on Google to see more local stories from us.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today